4.15.2012

Connect the Circle

Today was such a niiiice day out! It made me think of summer. As we drove to church past the city pool and the now familiar hills around our block, it made me remember seeing this city for the first time at the tail end of summer, and how I saw the haphazard assortment of plants along our apartment fence and thought, yes, I'd like to live here. Funny how we have such associations with seasons, isn't it?
I remember back in Utah, when it started snowing and the car would smell a certain way from us tracking snow in and running the heat so much I would always get dreamy-eyed and nostalgic because remember? We started dating in the winter, and you would wear your trenchcoat and I thought that was hot.
Ah, good times...
I could have sworn I smelled jasmine today, too, when we were out on our walk. And I know it's not summer yet, but it made me think:
"Sweet days of summer, the jasmine's in bloom"...

No comments:

Post a Comment