3.10.2013

4. A song that reminds you of someone you would rather forget about

"Frozen" by Within Temptation. I wouldn't say there's anyone that I want to forget, since I think all experiences have been key in making me who I am, but this is probably the closest. This was my dealing-with-a-break-up song after I ended a poisonous relationship in high school. This feeling of "You tell me I'm frozen, but what could I do?" that I felt bad cutting off all ties with him but had to end it for my own sanity and well-being. At this point I wouldn't care if I saw him again, but I'm not about to seek him out either, we'll just see if we ever cross paths again.
There are a lot of Within Temptation songs that have special meanings in my life. They used to be my favorite band but sadly I haven't been too happy with their direction lately.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment